YouTube TV has become a popular choice for cord-cutters seeking live TV streaming services. If you’re intrigued by the prospect of enjoying live TV channels, sports, and on-demand content but are hesitant to commit to a subscription, you’re in luck. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process of trying YouTube TV for free, covering the cost, trial period, sign-up process, features, and how to cancel the free trial if it doesn’t meet your expectations.
1. The Cost of YouTube TV:
Before diving into the free trial process, it’s essential to understand the standard cost of YouTube TV. The monthly subscription fee for YouTube TV is around $64.99. However, pricing may vary based on location and any subsequent changes made by YouTube TV. Keep in mind that this cost covers access to a variety of live TV channels, on-demand content, and features like cloud DVR.
2. How long Can You Try Youtube TV Free:
YouTube TV offers a free trial period for new subscribers, providing an opportunity to explore the service without an immediate financial commitment. The standard trial period is typically last for 14 to 30 days. However, this duration might vary based on promotions or changes made by YouTube TV.
3. The Process of How to Try YouTube TV Free Trial:
Now, let’s walk through the steps of how to try YouTube TV free trial:
Step 1: Visit the YouTube TV Website:
- Open your web browser and navigate to the official YouTube TV website.
- Click on the “Try it free” or a similar button prominently displayed on the homepage.
Step 2: Sign into Google Account:
- If you already have no Google Account, you’ll need to create one. Otherwise, sign in with your existing Google credentials.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the sign-in process.
Step 3: Confirm Your Location:
- YouTube TV availability is location-dependent, so confirm your location to ensure that the service is accessible in your area.
Step 4: Choose Your Plan:
- Select your desired YouTube TV plan. Typically, there’s only one plan, but check for any updates or changes.
Step 5: Payment Information:
- Provide the necessary payment information. While it’s a free trial, you’ll need to enter payment details, as you’ll be charged if you continue the subscription after the trial period.
- Review and confirm the details before proceeding.
Step 6: Start to Try YouTube TV Free:
- Once the payment information is verified, click on the “Start free trial” or a similar button.
Step 7: Explore YouTube TV:
- You’re now subscribed to the free trial. Explore the available channels, check out on-demand content, and test the features offered by YouTube TV.
4. Features and Content During the Free Trial:
While on the free trial, you’ll have access to all the features and content available to paying subscribers. This includes live TV channels, a cloud DVR for recording shows, and on-demand content. Take this time to evaluate whether YouTube TV meets your expectations in terms of channel selection, user interface, and overall user experience.
5. How to Cancel the YouTube TV Free Trial:
If, for any reason, you decide that YouTube TV isn’t the right fit for you, it’s crucial to know how to cancel the free trial to avoid being charged. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Access YouTube TV Settings:
- Sign in to your YouTube TV account.
- Tap on the profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
Step 2: Manage Membership:
- In the Settings menu, go to the “Membership” tab.
- Here, you’ll find information about your current subscription.
Step 3: Cancel Membership:
- Find the option that says “Deactivate membership” or “Cancel membership.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process of youtube tv trial cancellation.
Step 4: Confirm Cancellation:
- YouTube TV may ask for confirmation or offer incentives to reconsider. Follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation.
6. Things to Consider During the YouTube Free Trial:
As you explore YouTube TV during the free trial, consider the following:
- Evaluate the available channels and check if YouTube TV offers the live TV content you desire.
- Assess the user interface to ensure it is user-friendly and meets your preferences.
- Test the streaming quality and performance on different devices to ensure a smooth experience.
- Explore the cloud DVR functionality and assess if it meets your recording needs.
- Check the on-demand library to see if it includes the shows and movies you enjoy.
7. Alternatives to YouTube TV:
If YouTube TV doesn’t align with your preferences, consider exploring alternative live TV streaming services. Popular options include Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, and fuboTV, each offering unique features and channel lineups.
Conclusion: Making an Informed Decision By Trying YouTube TV Free
Trying YouTube TV for free provides a valuable opportunity to assess its offerings and features without committing financially upfront. By following the outlined steps, exploring the available content, and considering your viewing preferences, you can make an informed decision about whether YouTube TV is the right fit for your live TV streaming needs.
And, if it’s not, the cancellation process is straightforward, ensuring you won’t be charged if the service doesn’t meet your expectations. Take advantage of the trial period to truly experience what YouTube TV has to offer and make a decision that aligns with your entertainment preferences.