Freelancer com is an Australian freelance marketplace for employers and employees. Freelancers and buyers can easily log in to freelancer.com to start buying and purchasing services on the freelancer platform. The login methods for both are different. Freelancers and buyers have to follow the required process to continue buying or selling. As compared to other freelancing platforms it is totally different because here we have many methods to get work and for post jobs or hire freelancers.
Let’s go through all methods the which employers and employees can use on freelancer.com to get hired or purchase.
Posting a job/Bid on projects
The first method is, employers independently can post jobs/tasks by selecting a particular category/skill while specific and appropriate freelancers bid on the jobs. These job’s budgets can be on an hourly rate or fixed price.
Hourly rate is the fee that employers set to pay for a project per hour. Sometimes just a few and sometimes many hours will require for the completion of the project. Before bidding on the hourly-based project always consider the estimated required time to understand the hourly rate is reasonable or not.
On the other hand, a Fixed rate is the budget of the client which they set for the job.
In a month all employees have just 6 free bids to bid on projects, But if they want to get more bids then they would have to upgrade their bid program to get more bids. Employees can also go for the sponsor to bid or can highlight the bids. Both things are the paid option and are used for getting more and more projects. For fixed-price or hourly price projects commission rate of freelancer.com is 10%.
While employers can post jobs for free but as they assign the work to freelancers. They have to pay 3% of the total amount of the project as the processing fee.
Make Contests/Submit entry
In the Second method employers of freelancers make the contests (A kind of job post with the complete detailed description of the task along with the budget and deadline ), and all registered employees of freelancers freely can join the compatible contests and showcase work by giving entries. After checking the entire employer can give you feedback or rate your work for more improvement. Moreover, employees can award your entry or can buy your entry.
Main contests supported categories are design, programming, writing, and video creation. In the case of posting a contest or entry, there are no extra charges for both. But during posting, the contest buyers have to provide the prize of the contest, which is refundable in case if you are not satisfied with all entries. While if seller entry gets rewarded. Then the commission rate of a freelancer is 10% of the total amount of contests.
Provide a service/Place an order
The third freelancing method is to buy a service or provide a service. Like the Fiverr gigs, employees make the gig, and here buyers directly hire the freelancers by choosing the fixed rate (This fixed rate is the price of the task or work which is defined on the service by sellers). It is simple for buyers to hire employees for a particular service, just they have to provide the actual price of the service while posting the order, which is entirely refundable. Though for becoming a service provider freelancers must have to join a membership paid program of freelancer.com, along with that sellers must have to complete a minimum of five projects at the freelancer platform. The profit rate of freelancers for the service is 20% of the actual price of the service.
History of freelancer.com
Freelancer.com is mostly used in India, the United States, the Philippines, Pakistan, and the United Kingdom, But its user’s network is present in 247 different countries. Freelancer com supports many categories for the bidding/job post method while these three job categories frequently give the most job opportunities are IT and software, 34%; design, media and architecture, 31% and writing and content, 13%.
The freelancer com was created by matt barrier in the year 2009. Its head office is present in Sydney, Australia. While it also has more than five offices in around many countries like London and Jakarta. Freelancer net worth till 2026 will be 9192.9 million. Its present employees are 460. Its currently active users are 54,950,250 though its total jobs posted are 20,483,593.
Review of freelancer com for employees
Advantages of freelancer for sellers
- Freelancer.com is a very amazing site for freelancers to get any kind of project.
- Freelancer platform provides many options to sellers to get maximum projects as compared to the other marketing places.
- On the freelancer platform in under 1 minute 300 jobs are posted by buyers. It’s clear that there is no lack of work on freelancer.com.
- A great feature of freelancer for the seller is, freelancer daily sends the list of all best jobs of the day via email to notify you about the new projects. By that sellers can grab some of the jobs very easily even they are not active on the freelancer platform.
- A one more and very useful feature of freelancer is, payments via milestones. By choosing this method freelancer want to ensure the safety of both users. Both can will be relaxed during working and buying because they know that after completing the milestone task. Payment will be rewarded. While buyers know if they get the first milestone perfectly. Then they will go with the same freelancer. Otherwise, they can hire another one without the loss of much time and money.
- Freelancer is one of the world’s largest outsourcing websites, where you can get more work than your expectations. But you will be hired or not totally depending on your experience of work, the Format of your proposal, and on communication skills.
Disadvantages of freelancer for sellers
We know, no one can be a perfect freelancing platform. So let’s take a glance at the disadvantages of freelancer com.
- It is hard for beginners to get the first reward without prompting the bids.
- Use of freelancer is not free, it just gives 6 bids for a month. Yes, for a month. If you want to get more so you have to invest. Which is not a good thing for beginners who has nothing to use.
- We already know the support system of freelancing sites is always bad. Then how freelancer can provide a better one?
- A worse disadvantage of freelancer is, Sometimes it stops any payments to your account by saying that the employer has to settle their account to release the payment. It doesn’t matter if you are working with that client for a month or years or whatever payment methods using.
- The scam score on freelancer site by buyers as compared to other sites is high.
Review of freelancer com for the employers
Pros of freelancer com for the employers
- Freelancer is very good for clients because the scam score is low.
- All payments are refundable.
- Free to post all jobs but have a very little bit processing fee after delivery.
- Clients can get very high-value work at very low prices especially with the use of contests.
Cos of freelancer site for the employers
- Cos of freelancer com for the employers is very less. That is why it is more active and used by clients.
- Sometimes if you ask for a refund. Freelancer.com swallow your money by giving cheap claims but it is very rare.
- The second con is, clients, can stuck very badly with greedy freelancer. Most all freelancers are professional and trusted but occasionally they become busy and delay the delivery.Because they continue to do the bids to get the maximum project.
In this article, we tried to cover all the basics of freelancer com like what it is, how it works, etc along with reviews. I hope it will help you to clear the prior concept of freelancer com. But still, if you have any questions, then feel free to ask in the comment section or at our forum.
- Mostly asked questions by beginner freelancers related to freelance.com.
- Top 45 frequently asked questions by Fiverr seller.
Hey very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your I’m happy to find so many useful information here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .
I just couldn’t depart your web site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information a person provide for your visitors? Is going to be back often in order to check up on new posts